- item is not available in a lookup for a location or a particular user
- nobody can find who the last supplier for the item
- ‘what did we pay for it last time? When did we order it?’
- the item is in the wrong unit of measure
- reconciliation of the value of physical count of inventory to the general ledger is a month long exercise
- standard practice to inactivate the old item and create a new one to solve an urgent need
Item templates can make creating new items more efficient, provides consistency in setup, dependable ordering by purchasing at a competitive price, auditability for year end and makes the end user experience more consistent (for the better!).
Check this out for using item templates